Tualatin Valley Fire and Rescue firefighters worked fast Friday morning to keep a large propane storage tank from exploding.

The fire started when the propane tank on a forklift was being filled.  The tank on the forklift caught fire and the heat caused the nearby storage tank to begin venting.

The storage tank had about 500 gallons of propane inside.

The venting propane also caught fire.

TVF&R crews called for additional companies to help.  They set up high volume hoses called water monitors to spray water onto the fire which allowed crews to stand back at a safe distance.

The water kept the storage tank cool and it stopped venting.

None of the employees was hurt.  One firefighter suffered a minor injury.

An investigator is working to learn what started the fire.