SNEAKER WEEK - August 10 - 17!
About Sneaker Week PDX:
What: Sneaker Week curates organic experiences that bring together sneaker enthusiasts, industry influencers, & aspiring creative professionals to Portland, Oregon, the sneaker capital of the world.
The Mission: Working with a core group of directors, we were able to program a series of events that help drive our mission of highlighting the diverse culture and community amongst global sneaker enthusiasts and the evolving landscape of Portland’s footwear industry and popular culture.
Schedule of Events:
SATURDAY, AUGUST 10
- African American Footwear Form @ The Portland Art Museum - LINK HERE
- The AAFF enhances access, education, and awareness for African Americans who are seeking opportunities to influence, lead, and impact the global footwear industry and consumer culture.
SUNDAY, AUGUST 11
- OLD TOWN CLASSIC @ The Goldsmith Blocks - LINK HERE
- Sneaker Week will be taking over downtown Portland to create an outdoor retail sports experience. Come witness as your favorite boutiques battle it out to provide awesome prizes and promotions for the crowd.
MONDAY - FRIDAY, AUGUST 12 - 16
- THE HOMEROOM @ Pensole at FAAS - LINK HERE
- With a focus on how design and entrepreneurship serves a purpose much greater than ourselves, Homeroom explores how design finds its way into our approach, and how it can maximize what both kids and adults are capable of.
MONDAY, AUGUST 12
- BLAZERS SHOECASE @ The Veterans’ Memorial Coliseum
- In partnership with the Blazers, Sneaker Week will host an exclusive "court unveiling" featuring the NBA team’s new 50th-anniversary design.
WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 14
- PITCH BLACK @ Wieden + Kennedy - LINK HERE
- Community innovator and “Blatino” entrepreneur Stephen Green hosts the first ever "Shark Tank-style" entrepreneur contest for sneakers and fashion startups.
THURSDAY, AUGUST 15
- TECH TALK @ Wacom - LINK HERE
- Sneaker Week’s second annual Tech Talk, featuring the latest technology in footwear design. Join industry leaders as they cover topics from education, to design, and the most in-demand job opportunities in footwear.
THURSDAY, AUGUST 15
- SHOE BOP & THE GALLERY EXPERIENCE @ HeyLove - LINK HERE
- Explore a night of sonic and visual expression influenced by the legendary Bob Marley
SATURDAY, AUGUST 17
- SNEAKER FASHION SHOW @ The Sentinel Hotel - LINK HERE
- The iconic Sentinel Hotel will be transformed into a multicultural exchange of fashion and footwear. Come experience this upscale night featuring the hottest streetwear and sneaker brands. Tickets are now available at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/sneaker-week-fashion-show-by-bloom-beauty-collective-tickets-64951578921