ABBY'S CLOSET - ANNUAL PROM DRESS GIVEAWAY
March 14th 8a - 4p
March 15th 9a - 2p
Oregon Convention Center | 777 NE Martin Luther King Jr Blvd, Portland, OR 97232
Looking for a Prom Dress? You’re in luck! Each spring, Abby’s Closet invites high school students to a 2-day Prom Dress Giveaway where you can choose a dress that fits your unique style - completely FREE of charge. More than 7,000 dresses have been donated just for you. We have vintage to brand new, short and long, and sizes 0-20+. Abby’s Closet believes all high school students should be able to attend Prom, an important rite of passage, without worrying about the cost! Save your money for life after high school. We are welcoming to people of different gender identities, abilities, sizes and socioeconomic status. The goal of Abby’s Closet is to make every participant feel special, beautiful and confident.
TOP 5 THINGS TO KNOW:
- Upon arrival you will be asked to show proof of high school enrollment (student ID card, school letterhead, online portal, etc.) and given a numbered wristband. You are welcome to hang out at the Oregon Convention Center or leave and follow us on social media @abbysclosetpdx to be notified when your number is called.
- More than 7,000 dresses will be on racks organized by size and color. We have vintage to brand new, short and long, sizes 0-20+. We also personal shoppers available to assist you.
- We have large open fitting rooms along the perimeter as well as a limited number of private fitting rooms for you to try on the dresses. We suggest you take in 5 at a time and bring proper undergarments if you are uncomfortable changing in front of others.
- We have seamstresses onsite to help you with minor repairs and alterations.
- You get to choose 1 accessory (i.e. shoes, purses, wraps, jewelry, makeup) to complete your look!
Click HERE for more information!