Astor joined me for "Afternoon Live" on Valentine's Day to cook one of my favorite meals! Check out the video and get the recipe below.
Ingredients (serving for 2)
- Package of angel hair pasta
- 2 andouille sausages
- 2 brats
- 2 Italian sausages
- 2 tablespoons of garlic
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1/3 cup of sliced scallion (some to use for garnish)
- 2 tablespoons of Cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon of paprika
- ¼ cup of sherry cooking wine
- ½ cup of heavy cream
- ½ cup of grated parmesan (some to use for garnish)
- 1/3 cup of grated cheddar
- ¼ cup of grated mozzarella cheese
1. Cook the pasta in boiling water
2. In a large skillet, heat oil and cook all sausages that are cut in ½ in. pieces. After they are all cooked push them to the side and add butter. Let it melt and add the garlic, after the garlic cooks for 2 minutes add the scallion and cook until soft for another 2 minutes. Combine the sausages with the garlic/scallions.
3. Add your Cajun seasoning and paprika and stir until combined. Add the sherry and heavy cream and let simmer until it thickens.
4. Add your cheeses and stir until melted in and creamy. Add the angel hair and toss until completely combined.
5. Garnish at the end with more scallions and cheese before serving.